5.06.2008

Recipe Exchange: Mom's Apple Omelets!


For this round of the recipe exchange I was lucky to get the super-easy-to-make Mom's Apple Omelets! As the recipe suggested, I made them with pork chops which was an excellent choice. I haven't picked up a pie dish (yet) so I made this in a corning ware dish and the only change was the cooking time. Instead of 45-50 min, it ended up taking a little over an hour (which was a good thing because I was running late cooking everything else).


The verdict: very tasty and very effective at helping us reminisce about the holidays :-) (I can't remember the last time we talked about Christmas so much in May!) This would be a great side dish on a cold day in January and we certainly plan on enjoying it again when the weather isn't quite so warm. Thanks for sharing!!!!

And the recipe................

Meal type: Side Dish (goes great with pork)

3 cups apple sauce (1 small jar)
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
Cinnamon to taste (I probably put about one tablespoon)

Mix together and pour into a pie dish. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until center is firm.

Can also be microwaved for 20 minutes or until center is firm.

No comments: